Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hee!

I have a block. Two, actually. Nose block and blogger's block. *Hides in a hurry* Pliss pardon worsht mokkai.

Yeniway, Happy Pongal and all that. The only things I care about, frankly, are the sugarcanes and the holidays. :D
-----
I'll tell you this: making money out of vettiness is the best feeling ever! WCC cults happened yesterday and today. We placed first in DumbC AND WTGW!! Yay! 2000 bucks!! 100 of which we blew up there on matching anklets and earrings (girl-bonding!) and some amazingly divine brownies! Oh, YUM!

Couple of friends wanted to go participate in DumbC and generally be vetti. We end up there and then I realize I've left my ID at home. *D'oh moment* So we pull a few strings, plead with hospi desk and register. Then my dad had to come all the way from Adyar back to WCC to give me ID. I assure you, he wasn't ecstatic. :|

One thing that really got me was how fashion conscious everyone there was. I mean, all the girls from women-only colleges! Mind blowing - kajal, make-up, matching jewellery, accessories! Gave me laughter cramps to think of how I went to college everyday - get up at 6 15, hurry through everything, dump stuff in bag and bolt out of door to run and catch bus! :P :|
And of course, the reverbs of our useless "dress code" as per Anna Univ rules hit me just then. We get to wear salwars, with below-knee kurta's only and of course, the dupatta - Wow. And people here get to wear SHORTS to college. Knee-length, but still!!

And the politics. Sheesh. People are unbelievable, seriously. I guess, we were the only engg. college people there. And therefore, there was already this bias against us. We come uninvited and what's more, go on to place first in two events. I mean, atrocious no? :P Oh, there was this one team who was both in DumbC and WTGW - they HATED us. Truly. Pardon cliché , but if looks could kill, we'd be dead a million times over! :P
-----

Oh, oh, oh, oh! I'm going watching Blood Diamond right NOW and watching Guru on monday night - yayayayayayay! :P :P And I have a really nice, full long weekend in front of me. Right now, I'm the happiest person in the world!

11 comments:

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

dumbc at wcc? bleddy .dont crib about your college its been 3 years since i heard the words "culturals", but for velammalian culture

Hamsini said...

Congrats!:) I was wondering how you guys landed up in WCC culturals cuz we're the only non-engineering college that invites engineering colleges!!

And,welcome to the world of college culturals-the rule that requires you to wear an ID to take part in an event is horrible-which reminds me-I forgot ID too when I went for my very first college culturals too!

And,WCC dress code is VERY lax!!But our dress code isn't as bad as Anna's.

100 of which we blew up there on matching anklets and earrings

:D At the venue by any chance? The gypsies??

And hurrah for extra long weekends!

Hamsini said...

PS:this is a season ofhorrible nasal infections!*high fives* bad time to with bhogi coming up to add fuel to fire!

sorry for spamming

vinay said...

congrats for ur dumbsssy win!!!!!!!!!!!and rest of the part are alien to me!!!i understand WCC is a college...and they had a cultural festival!!!

S said...

@kausik:
LOL! okay, i'll sympathise with you. coll is great fun, except for dress code! :P and anyway, sadly, guys not allowed at WCC!

@hams:
*high fives for cold* :P

we went uninvited coz we was vetti! :P ID sucks! :O

and yeah, venue had these little stalls - bead earrings, neck-wear, anklets - you name it! :D so we thot we'll blow some money on that! :P

@vinay:
yep, yep! wcc is women's christian college who had a cult fest!

and thaaanks! :)

Ducky said...

Free cash at the all-girls culturalses (if that's the plural)... and they speak about women's liberation! Stomach-burnage...

Karthik.H said...

i was actually wondering y my coll didnt get an invi for the WCC culs...thn i hrd it was for galz coll wonly...wat naansense...there was nothin like dat in Ethiraj or Stella...bleddy WCC....and welcum to the warld of atrs coll culs...all u need is an ID card and clothes to get in...ruddy sooper i wud say...

and GURU is bleddy brilliant...Mani Ratnam is GOD... *bows to touch the grnd*

and yeah....almost forgot...congrats...:P

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

@ S:
UPDATE!
had my first ever adzap prelims in velammal. it was a written quiz:P sheesh, these engineers are stupid

S said...

@anand:
come ON! you probly make a lot more! :D :D

@kar:
=)) WCC rocks! :P :P

and Guru no brilliant - AB brilliant max! :D will discuss in time wit you! :P

@kau:
really??!! :D :D soofer, congrats n all that! :) :) but written adzap prelims??? *bewildered*

Ducky said...

It's not about my making a lot more, it's about the concept of the all-girls culs... where's the level-playing field! :)

S said...

@anand:
level playing field, eh? i think we CAN make exceptions! :P (esp. if we make money out of it! :P :P)