Friday, November 18, 2005

Bridget Jones's Diary



Before you can say anything........yes, i know the book came out eons ago and yes, i admit it's bin rotting away in my library thru said eons. Well, was rummaging thru the library in a valiant effort to get the immense pile of books in order....but of course, in vain.

Discovered aforementioned book under a couple of whopping language-help books. Cheered by prospect of some light reading in a long while, greedily began reading book abandoning supposedly more crucial things.....umm, like math. And, well.....continued reading......some more......on and on.

Virtually un-put-downable!!! Helen Fielding (the author), i swear, is a comic genius!!!!! Gloriously funny book!!! Haven't laughed so much in ages and ummm....yea, fallen down the bed in the process.....*sheepish look* !!! Anyways.....this book goes down in my list of favourites!!!!!! Ha Ha!!! :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... interesting remember to lend it to me soon.
tat will help u in ur seemingly impossible job of cleaning up your library(i understand the pain i spent 2 hrs last sunday trying to tidy up my room and left it just the way i started).:-D

the Monk said...

the movie was good timepass...haven't read the book....and generally the books are better than the movies...

GB said...

Colin Firth...Colin Firth....Colin Firth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The story btw, is based on Jane Austen's [yayayayayay] 'Pride and Prejudice'. Firth who played Mr.Darcy in the BBC version of the 'Pride and Prejudice' series plays Mark Darcy in B Jones. And Firth, my dear, Firth is GOD.

If you don't believe me, ask Abhishek to send you his pictures :)) He's a collector.

Abhi! said...

@brownie:
I am no collector!! I dont have all the stooopid pics that u sent!

GB said...

@Abhishek- I know all that you have on your desktop my boy :))

Abhi! said...

brownie:
Shhh!!!

GB said...

@Abhishek- What?? What??? What are you hiding????

Anonymous said...

I never thought much of Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones ain't my cup 'o tea either. But to each his/her own. Enjoy!

Ducky said...

Everyone else on your blogroll gets a different phrase to describe them while I get my plain, boring, old name??!!! :( (Just found your blog, btw)

S said...

anand:
whoops!!! jus tat me dunno u too well..and everyone elz's got majorly their blog name...but no worries..will soon fix ur tag-line rite!!! :D

anon:
well...p&p...read in 8th std the first time...loved the book!! and bridget...well..post says all!!! and yea abhi, i'd kno it was u even if brownie hadn't enlightened!!! don't i always!!! :D

brownie:
COLIN FIRTH is GOD alrite!!! love him but like hugh grant a teensy bit more!!

monk:
catch the book!..it's ROTFL!! :D

aa:
surely!!! ask me in skool though..will remember tat way!!! :P