Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Plans And Post-Its

A certain chem prof always said – Plan your work and Work your plan.

It’s very weird, you know. I seem to be able to do the first part of that maxim quite exceptionally. But the second part – I do mean to do that too, but determination and will just sort of frizzle away…

It just so happens that I’m a compulsive list maker, user of post-its and planner. Not a lot of people know that. Universal claim is that I’m a chaotic and disorganized individual in the extreme. :P

Sleepy eyed and tousle haired, I entered my room this morning. Something was amiss. I distinctly remembered my room being painted a calm, ice blue. This morning, though, it seemed to have assumed a sunshine-yellow with little sections of cool blue, hot pink and neon green! I reeled. You would too if you found your room morphing itself overnight into ghastly colours - which it had no business to do!!

When sleep very kindly released my senses and I was restored to functional mode, I saw that all the calm, ice blue had been covered inch upon inch by post-its – yellow, green, pink, blue, you name it!! Astonished, I realized that I never took off any of them from as long back as Feb. 24th!! I read one out loud – it said,

“1. Electrostatics Organic Solid State Matrices Alexander
2. Watch Alexander – educative purposes
3. Take the damn day off!!" - :P

Horrified at the prospect of parental units coming across such frivolous and flippant plans, I hurriedly ripped them all off. Wastepaper basket’s day out!

Note to self: Confine humour, however lame, to self/friends/blog.

You’re probably infinitely better organized than I am. But still, nothing like this ever happened to you??

That you make plans, stick post-its, religiously tick off finished agenda and somehow, just somehow that most important thing that you had to do got over-looked. Never had to scramble at record speed in the nick of time?

You’re intensely concentrating on integral calculus and the phone politely whirrs. But of course, it’s your bestest friend with the hottest gossip and so of course you just had to talk. And just let integral calculus be for the moment. And for the next two hours. Never happened? No?

Sigh…I guess it just happens to me.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

abt the last line: that definitely never happened to me...

about post its there has been just one that was put up by my parents the day we shifted it says very politely "Clean Your room"....this writting ofcourse is not visible underneath atleast an inch of dust

Anonymous said...

Use hipster... at least that way you wont have to deal with such shocks... :p

S said...

@anin:
never happened??!! i salute you!! :D

and LOL @ ur post-it!! :))

@sagaro:
elaborate, s'il vous plait!! :)

varsha said...

For some one who uses so many post-its, may i remind you how long you took to submit your record??

O and how come bestest friend never got screwed? I need pointers frm her/him!

S said...

@me:
sorry sorry sorry!! :(

as for record...read second line of post!! :D and it was a BIG pain!! :O

Paddyman said...

uh..so you never entered your room after feb 24th ?!

And is it just me or does the ending read very familiar?

Anonymous said...

fascinating,truly..just made my day.post-its r all very well,absorbing little things,but abt this n the prev post,did u have 2 post it:-D pun intended,spare me the abuse

S said...

@paddy:
idiot!! i did enter my room...jus never took of any post-its!! :P

more space, more clutter!! :D

and watz with the ending??

@niranjan:
firstly....@#$@#$!#@!!! :P

yes i had to post them...coz i'm beyond bored!!! :O

and if you object to that...you may please Go Away.

Anonymous said...

@niranjan
OMG!

@s
post it notes lol.. i tried it a few times.. then i forget where i put my post its. so well.. it dint work quite well..

anyways, u post it and forget, i dont post it and forget. => i save time! muhahahaha

the Monk said...

Nope, never happened. Especially not with integral calculus. But in college, yes. All the time.

S said...

@freak:
time is insignificant...it is the overwhelming sense of responsibility and focus that matters!! :D

@monk
ah....it gladdens the heart to think that i might continue the same sort of thing for the next four years!! yay! :)

Ducky said...

ya, Paddyboy, it's not 'just you', familiar ending only... and you're thinking what I'm thinking, yes?

Paddyman said...

if thats what you are thinking too, then yes!

its paddyMAN btw ....

:|



oh and s, dont blame me if i was curious. If "parental units" hadnt found the "awesomely funny" post-its during the last 2 months, the chances of them finding them today would be considered slim(will post meaning of slim later).

They are probably avoiding your room

knowing you, i dont blame them

people generally do try to avoid accident-prone zones

:P

Anonymous said...

"overwhelming sense of responsibility!" ofcourse.. i wonderwhy that aspect dint strike me...

Anonymous said...

@paddyman:large container vehicles have an unfortunate habit of speeding these days.whats the world coming 2..
@s:try some more uncommon ending like"and then they lived happily ever after!":-)

Velocity said...

Nope, you'rent alone. Happens to me all the time. And you are fortunate to get things postponed fot just two hours. Mine do forever.

Somebody Else said...

hehehhe! I'll decide whether u get things done or not absed on ur board scores[:P] till then! I sulk alone about bein incapable of everything, and anythign else! :|

S said...

@paddy:
i seem to agree with you...my sense of humour does seem to be non existent!! :(

@freak:
you can thank me later for enlightening you!! :)

@niranjan:
how kind of you to suggest!! :O

@velocity:
glad to find a fellow procrastinator!!

@siri:
join the club woman!! :D and hey...NEW POST!!!!! :))

Paddyman said...

*deep breath*

*another one*

*sighh*