Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Transition

It feels different. Sort of weird – like I’ve somehow suspended the reality of a few weeks before. Like these next couple of months are just a “phase” and I’ll revert back to the comfort of that reality. It just dawned that it wasn’t to be.

Doesn’t seem like I’ve left school. As if I’ll go back to it again someday in June. Reopening day. :) Half-day, new timetable, new class teacher, new benches, new windows to look out of, new books to mug up. It’ll still be all those things. Just in a very, very different scenario. College. Someplace in the middle of nowhere or someplace right here at home. The word of the day is uncertainty.

I’m just thinking out loud. A week since the boards ended and I haven’t called a single friend. To chat, to reminisce together, to groan about impending CETs, to tell them I’ll miss them so and that we should keep in touch no matter what and “be friends forever”.

I feel bad about that. Nights this last week, have been filled with conversations, good and bad times, free periods (read gossip sessions) and mostly, thoughts of my friends. Even though I miss them sorely, I don’t know why I can’t bring myself to call them up. May be it’s the feeling that the conversation won’t go beyond bitsat, tnpcee, aieee etc. I don’t know. Don’t know if it’s just me, but things are getting really strange.

That I might have lost my best friend doesn’t help. I’m not feeling really great. For all that talk of leaving school, growing up, and moving on into college, responsibility and adulthood, I’m not feeling great.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

why dont you try talking to your friends who had taken commerce???

Anonymous said...

Once into college... you wont miss school much. College is the best time in your life... ofcourse not with Anna univ behind u always...but in general

AG said...

Nope.. I think school was more fun..:-).. College is organized fun.. Sports, events, quizzes, studies etc etc.. School was totally disorganized and random and ore koothu fun..!.. Sigh.. I miss school!

Anonymous said...

Best friends aren't that fickle.
They're just too scared to call!! :-)

S said...

@anon:
yeah should...if i do...i'm sure to get a good, sound yelling!! :)

@sagaro:
hopefully...but skool was super!! :D

@ajit:
i love PS...ROCKING!!! :D :D

@willnot...:
:D :D....can't tell you how much of a difference this makes to me!!! it wasn't right...i'm sorry...i'll call you sometime :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... window shopping rings a bell....dunno why i wanna say All Terrain Bike

S said...

@anin:
huh?? WINDOW SHOPPING?? :O

GB said...

Hahaha. First week of college, I came back home and stayed all day in my PSBB uniform. Hated the place. Still do, but I have some great friends in college now...and all much closer than the ones from school...possibly because we are all in a stream that finally interests us!!

amazing archie said...

trust me school years are the best years..although u wudnt agree with me but let a few years pass...coming out of school into college ul realise that every situtation u deal with..its as good as hitting ur head hard against the wall...in turn only ur head gets affected not the wall..
Dear thats when u miss the compassionate, protective atmoshere of school...AND yeah go hang around with ur schoolies..

S said...

@brownie:
lol...tat cheers me up!! :D really!

@archie:
why wouldn't i agree??!! i think skool's the best...EVER!!! :D

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

hey s...thanks for dropping by my blog and posting a comment :-)...and ofcourse nice to meet a fellow dragon...looks like we both are in the same boat in life even though we are so apart from eachother...looking forward for more posts :-)!!

CB said...

Absolutely.
This period just DOES not feel good. It somehow feels as if you're moving on to an entirely new arena of life, and that you'll be facing many more challenges.
But trust me, after 6 months of your college life, you'll realize that nothin can get better than this. :D

S said...

@cb:
lol...i'm sure!!! tatz wat ALL my seniors tell me!! :D