Monday, July 11, 2005

Of Obsessions.....

Main Entry: ob·ses·sion
Pronunciation: äb-'se-sh&n, &b-
Function:
noun1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation
2 : something that causes an obsession- ob·ses·sion·al /-'sesh-n&l, -'se-sh&-n&l/
adjective- ob·ses·sion·al·ly adverb

Hmmm....make what you will of that. That, dear friend, is what an obsession is according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Anyway, the reason why i feel the need to blog about an abstract thought such as this is pretty complicated and i'm not so sure i know it myself. So let's jus spare it!!

Right now there is no short of obsessions in my life.....nor are my kith, kin and friends in any particular deficit of it. See, basically i'm obsessed with everything that's worth obsessing on. hehehe!!! ok ok....i know you think i've basically lost it and are gonna shut this window!!! Well...it's a democratic country. Suit yourselves!!!

Still reading i see.....well, where were we? Oh yes....Obsessions. Let me see, i talked to my friend about this and she was of the opinion that at any point of time in life, everybody has to have an obsession. Period!! Like take her case.
When she was 3 - teething toys. 8 - Lego Blocks. 13 - SV books (yuck!). 15 - the PHONE!!!. 17 - some smart-ass guy. And now......the same smart-ass guy!!! hehehe!!!

Ooookay!!! I can see those eyes narrowing and those fists clenching!!! Hold it mate!!!

Basically, i'm obsessed about something!!! About what....slight a let's jus chuck that!! It's just that it's been a passion ever since i can remember and now i'm being asked to hurl all of that outta the window!!!!! waaah!!! I did tell my mom. And my mom went "Hmmmm..." for such long time!! And protracted hmmms are NOT a good sign!! Well...anyway....she jus thought she'd better leave me to my antics lest i get it into my head to start bugging her for everything i can't find from pins to papers and umbrellas to underwear!!! She can't endure q's which start with, "amma...where is...."!!! hehehe!!!!!!!

Anyway, i guess as long as my obsessions, eccentricities and idiosyncrasies don't encroach in on the padipz territory of my brain......i will continue to have them and make the most of their vetti contribution!!!!! So there!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u ever plan to get to the point anytime soon??