Friday, December 15, 2006

XVIII

Update: Missed mentioning how much a certain hour long phone call the night before my budday made my entire day/week/month. Miss you loads and Thaaaaaanks a million!! :) :) :)

Yippeee!!!!!! I is 18. FINALLY. :)

It's just a number, I know. But 18 is 18. Now I can legally drink, drive, watch A rated movies and generally expect to be treated like...erm...an adult. :P

Still certain people will insist on calling me things like Su Baby, Su Bambino, Kiddo. :| But since those people are super-dooper, I'll let it pass. :P

The day was BRILLIANT. To say the least. Didn't go out, didn't do anything special, but the people I know - they made it all fantastic. :D

12 at night, I got shaken up by my sis who jumped about and yelled like she was turning 18. :) 5 in the morning, my mum calls from her flight and says, "How does it feel to be 18? Big Girl!". =)) It felt plain nice. Not thrilled, ecstatic, just lovely and warm.

And my favourite part...Present time! Yaaaaaaay! :D

All of you guys who wished me, thanks a million! You guys made my week!! :D

Thanks are also due to: V, for the huge chocolate and bounty bars, Gapp bhaiya for the amazon voucher prezzle and big-bro-ness :), Ma for the classy jewellery, H for the wallet and card, Santosh for the lovely, lovely bouquet, Dad for the perfumes and GranP's for the grand!!! :D

That's just about everything! :)
Santosh's bouquet - with EIGHTEEN dairy milks for each year of my wasted life! :P One look and I was all teeth and smiles!! :P :D

The Eighteen. :) I don't think I'll ever again hold so many bars of chocolate at once!
Ma's Presents from Udaipur. Marwadi Ishtyle! :)

10 comments:

Karthik.H said...

Happy b'day once again...and now dat u've announced to the world dat u r 18...everybody's gna ask for a treat...load up the pockets lady...

Anonymous said...

"Didn't go out, didn't do anything special"

Are you sure? Cauze I just thought you went out to write you CAT :P

BTW, just read in the entry pass for the Film Festival - "Children not allowed". I guess since you have legally turned 18, I should get you one. So lemme know if you have not much plans for the Sunday and Monday. There are some amazing movies in the evening too. And they hardly check the card, so I might as well stick some photo and get a pass for you... what say?

BTW, I am spending my next 8 days from 7:30 to 22:30 at Woodlands... so just message me in my mobile if you want the pass.

Oh did I forget - Happy B'day dawg...

varsha said...

yaay! "You're a big girl now" (I'm sure you know the voice that goes with that line) :P
And you are most welcome.

O the bouquet does look lovely, not talking about the flowers of course. :P

Abhi! said...

Happy Birthday . Gusshow on turning 18 kiddo !!!!

Seems like you had fun. Now you knwo what the next step is :P

Yogesh Ahuja said...

no party pooper but can u legally drink at 18..thought it was 21...

S said...

@kar:
treat n all wover. :P

@me:
chuck the line!! :O :O

@abhi:
next step is wee bit difficult! :P

@yogesh:
hard liquor is 21 i think. beer is okay at 18. :| :P

Sharique said...

whats this "amazon voucher prezzle"?
I think i missed your birthday. Anyway belated happy birthday! and yeah the post here http://www.shaarique.com/rendezvous-with-a-prospective/

Shruthi said...

happy birthday... belated wishes actually...forgot to call you..... :)

Anonymous said...

I like the way you prioritize.

Now I can legally drink, drive, watch A rated movies..

Yeah, that's all there is to life. In essence.

Hearty congratulations. 18 is.. free.

Sivasundaram Umapathy said...

Happy birthday suru.