Sunday, October 22, 2006

Oh Well, What The Hell...

Diwali is over and done. Phew! It's been a long, exhausting, frantic and ultimately super-fun week!! :) I've no idea why, but this Diwali seemed newer and somehow more satisfying than ever before. May be because, last year's diwali was marred by a lot of not-so-nice things.

Anyway this year was extra-special because 1. I'm in college. :P 2. My 2-month niece had her first Diwali at our home 3.I had a 10-day holiday. :D :D Traditions are what make it helluva lot of fun- fataka from Parrys, lights and diyas at home, paati's bakshanam, new clothes, waking up at unearthly hours, this big family-type get together at home, cousins......I'm just feeling so warm-fuzzy about it! :P I love my family!

It's been a perfect(ly) exhausting week! :)
------
My baby niece.....She's the cutest! :)

-------
I watched Don this afternoon. Was super!! :D :D :D SRK can't compare to AB of course....but the movie in itself was wow! Slick and amazing cinematography!
-------
I'm currently reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. It's wonderful! :) It's like this motivating thing you get all boosted up reading. Surely worth a read.
-------
Think I'll give NaNoWriMo a shot. I feel like doing something and working and being busy. Life is getting a little banal, actually. :| And I want to write - not randomly, but coherently and well. This is a good opportunity to let myself do it. I'd love it if you'd all give your suggestions and erm...also criticisms and ideas! Thanks!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pity ur two month old niece... with all that laxmi vedi... I guess she would have had a bad time.

Nanowrimo cool. best of luck. been trying to complete for the past two years... this year atleast will have to do it...

அருண் said...

You love your family!!!!
any Italian family would be proud of you :D :p

I watched the only original DON on max..........man, Big B is the best!!!!! (SK is a bacha b4 bachan :p)

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

DON? well i kept guessing the end till the very end, and it took me a few minutes to realize that the story ended ...i mean man there were too many twists .and it was a pathetic misuse of boman irani....

varsha said...

A novel?? Wow! Go for it!! :D

And ur niece is very cute. Inime chittiya latchanama nadandhuko!! :P

Anonymous said...

aaaawwww she is so cute

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I read your blog daily. Even if you have not updated, I read the same posts again and again. Can I add you to my blogroll?

Karthik.H said...

woah...so eew_boy dus exist...i jus thot it was a fragment of S's over imaginative brain...:D...

Anonymous said...

what makes you think im not S herself :P :P :P

Karthik.H said...

woah...now there's a possibility...i don think S wud go dwn to dat levels to fill up posts....tat wud b my secret weapon to fill up posts...not S's...

sema trust on u S...

Anonymous said...

I seeing some some people misusing my name. I not very happy. So I decide I comment.

Hey S, I am the original, rest all xerox copy. So can I add you to my yahoo messenger??? pliss pliss! You can be my non existant akka if you want to.

Karthik.H said...

he truly IS the DESPO guy...paavum S...

Anonymous said...

now does anyone think im karthik.h ?

Anonymous said...

oh my!she is sooooooo cute!

End of Darkness said...

sigh! now i am homesick again.. i just got over it.. anyways good luck for ur nanowrimo!

Soumya said...

awwww, that kid is so cute :)